Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rested and Refreshed....

I think NOT! Though, that was the purpose, it didn't turn out quite the way we expected. We left for the campground on Wednesday, got the camper set up and yea, we're camping! Thursday, our youngest son, Kevin, brought his boat up and he, Gary and our two grandsons went out fishing while I stayed curled up in a lounge chair with a good book at the campground. Friday was a peaceful, relaxing day. Then my work began... Saturday was Kick Off Day for Bible School, so I drove grandsons to the church. It was a lot of fun but I'm thinking "why did we try to mix a camping trip and bible school in the same week?", because I had (as usual) volunteered to help out in bible school. Thankfully, the campground that we love to visit is not that far from our home because I used nearly two tanks of gas in my van and we didn't even leave the county. LOL. There is much more to this story, but I'll save that for later... let me just say..."There's no place like home!" and I'm happy to be back. I've missed you all terribly! Thank y'all so much for all the love and hugs left for us on the veranda, in the yard and in the driveway!! LOL I had to caution "Rhett" not to step on the hugs when he got out of the truck after getting the camper parked in the side yard. LOL

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...