Monday, April 11, 2011

The Veranda is open for business!

Though I haven't had time to decorate yet, the veranda is open and the welcome sign is out. It was a whopping 78 degrees here today and very sunny. A welcome change after yesterday's storms. Small tornado in Johnson City, about 10 miles from the veranda. Lots of huge tress down, some buildings at the VA center down. It's been really strange weather here. Cool one week, storms a few days later and today I had to turn on the air. Got a call earlier this evening from dear friend, Sylvia. So good to hear her sweet voice and we caught up on the latest happenings. It seems like I have been MIA for the longest time. Lots of goings on here. Tragic deaths in families close to us. The one last week just tore at my heart strings. Young mother age 38 (we have known both her and her husband since they were little tykes). She was killed in a car wreck on her way to pick up her young son from his grandmother's house. So sad, it just breaks my heart. But I am a firm believer in the fact that things happen according to God's plan. Of course, we question things like this but it's only human nature to wonder why such sweet loving people are taken in the blink of an eye. I trust God completely and know that it is His Divine will, still it's a hurt that our earthly minds can not comprehend. As you may have seen on my FB page, nerve block on cervical spine was done last Thursday and seems to be working well. I can actually turn my head side to side and even look up and down, which is pretty much a requirement when you are in charge of a 1 year old. LOL Gage has got this walking thing down to a fine art. No more crawling, he pulls himself up and just takes off..I find myself wondering just how many miles a day does this little one travel. lol Weather here is very unpredictable. Last week pretty chilly, yesterday strong winds and thunderstorms, a small tornado in Johnson City (dear friend Mat's hometown)about 7 miles from us. We had lots of lightning, thunder, rain and even some hail, strong winds but thankfully no damage. Oh, for those of you who like to read, I have discovered this wonderful sight called booksneeze.com. It's a spiritual, inspirational, Christian fiction and non-fiction sight. If you join you can choose new books that have just come out and they send them to you for free. You just post your review of the book on your blog site after you have read it and the book is yours to keep. I will be posting it on my inspirational site. I love to read and the my first review will be posted tomorrow the 11th. It was a truly AMAZING book. Hope everyone is doing well and all the snow up north is melting so that you will be able to get to the veranda soon. I really must try to get into some sort of creative mode so that I can post some of the latest pics of our little man, Gage. He's so adorable and has developed the most loving little personality. Lots of hugs and kisses when he's around. Yep, lots of memories being made here. Love and many hugs to all and thank you all for the concern and prayers during my latest health problems. I have the bestest friends/blog sisters ever!!

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...