Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our Little Valentine

Today was Storytime at the library so Gage and I went and had a great time. After the story lady read the book and we did a marching around the room with out little instruments, we made valentines. Gage informed me right off that he was making a valentine for Papaw...Those two are like peas in a pod, bestest buddies. Mamaw on the other hand is the kisser of boo-boos, the cuddler when it's nap time, the one who drives the car and follows the directions (given by Gage). I realize our town is small, but this kid is only going to be three next month and I really believe he can give directions to anyplace in town that we need to go. After we left the library, I made a quick stop at Walgreens and Gage looked at all the stuffed animals in the valentine section, picked up a few, gave them hugs and put them back on the shelf. I was surprised, cause I fully expected to have to purchase one. The one thing he picked out and would NOT leave the store without buying was a 59cent pencil with a big heart 'un-racer' on top. I said why do you want a pencil and he said so he could draw stuff with...you guessed it...Papaw! Oh, yeah, I did have to purchase two bags of M&M's...one for him and one for...well you know who!!  It's amazing, the love these two share for each other, makes my heart swell with pride!
The kit used here is by Kyra called "Falling in Love".

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...