Monday, July 27, 2009

Rhett's Project

while we were camping, this little hummingbird literally fell into my lap as I was sitting outside enjoying the sun! I think one of the predator birds must have dropped him from it's grasp. Anyway, Rhett took it upon himself to take care of it. He fed it sugar water, kept him inside at night and put him out on the picnic table during the day. The momma would find him during the day and feed him, she didn't seem to mind that we were always close by as she would fly in right beside us to feed him. It was amazing to watch as he became strong enough to flex his wings and finally he flew away to join the rest of his little family the day before we came home.

Kit is "Summer Breeze" by our dear Angelscrapper.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...