Friday, August 14, 2009

Never Forget


I posted this on Flair and I thought that I had posted it here, but since I don't see it in previous posts, I guess I'm mistaken. Anyway, this is the house that I grew up in until I was around 12 years old. Yep, I'm a country girl through and through...last house in the hollow (literally!). All of my really great childhood memories are centered in and around this old house. How sweet are the memories of playing in the barn loft and in the surrounding woods. It seems the older I get the more vivid my childhood memories become (never mind the fact that I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, lol). I did this page as a follow up to another page, which I'll post later. The real point I'm trying to make, in my own feeble way, is that no matter where you are at this point in your life, you should never ever forget where you came from. Even if where you came from was not all that pleasant, remember it anyway and thank God that He brought you to where you are now. And if you are fortunate enough to have happy childhood memories, still remember to give thanks to God and give Him all the glory for it.
I guess I'm getting a little profound here, but I've been in such a sentimental mood lately, perhaps because family reunion time is coming up soon. Thank you all for looking in and listening to an old ladies' ramblings.
Kit is "Summer Breeze" by angelscrapper. Word art is mine and can be found at my dear friend Linda's "Random Thoughts". Both have links here on the right.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...