Wednesday, February 28, 2018

This Is My Breath

Wow... it's been over 3 years since I've blogged...hard to believe but you know what they say..."Time flies when you're having fun". Time also flies when you are simply busy with life happening.  Grandchildren grow up, get married, present you with great-grandchildren, you grow older, deal with health issues both your own and your spouse's and sometimes you just have to slow down and take a breath. This is my breath.

Several years ago my scrapping sisters and I decided we should give blogging a try. We discovered we loved it and kept it up at a steady pace for several years.  Then, we found ourselves slowing down. Life happens and it sometimes requires your full attention so blogging was put on hold for most of us. We discovered Facebook as a means of keeping in communication. It's a great way to keep in touch with family and friends and doesn't require a lot of time. You log in, check your news feed, see what's happening, like some posts, make some comments and log out. Viola', or as we say here in the south, Ta-Da!

While I still am active on Facebook, I don't necessarily want to blow up my friend's news feeds with all my scrapping, pics or just my thoughts. I missed my blogging where I could more or less "journal" my thoughts and pics. I guess you could say it's my own form of therapy. I probably won't blog every day, maybe not even once a week, but then again, who knows.

I've decided I want this to be my first scrapbook post for my blog return. The picture was from 1967, my sister, our mom and me. It used to be a running joke that we were called "the blonde, the brunette and the redhead. Time has not been kind to the picture but I cleaned it up as best I could. I added the text at the top of the page as a way of finding humor in the "big hair" of the late 1960's.  When I sent it to my sister, she replied "Don't let the story end, Sissy...you are too good at telling our story." So, for my little sister, I make this my blog return scrap:



Elements added are from kimeric creations.



No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...