Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Time To Reflect

Such a lot has happened in my life, in a short span of time. Mom's passing, Dad having to be placed in a long term care center, two flights to Arizona in two months, handling Dad's business affairs from more than two thousand miles away.
While looking through my pictures that I took on this last trip, I came across this one and remembered what I was thinking of when I took it. Despite all the trials and troubles of this world, we can rest assured that God is near. He knows our needs, He knows when our heart aches, He hears our prayers and we need not fear if we put our trust fully in Him.
Now, I know that I'm not the only one who has had heartaches recently. I think of the people who lost everything in the hurricanes, I think of Donna and her family and little Katlin; Margie, who knows the pain of losing her daughter and oh so many others who are suffering in one way or another. It is my prayer that God will wrap His loving arms around them and comfort them as only He can. He's never more than a prayer away.

Kit is "Magical Sherbert Holiday" from CJS.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...