Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Awesome Sight

Not really a scrap page, just some pics I took on our way back home from Arizona and wanted to share with you all. On the trip out we took the southern route, Little Rock, Dallas, Ft. Worth, El Paso, Tucson, etc. because there had been lots of snow on I-40. When we were getting ready to come back home, I remembered this place that we had passed on one of our previous trips , but didn't stop because we thought the huge cross was all there was to see and you could see it very clearly from the interstate. In fact you could see it from almost 20 miles away! To get there we went up to Flagstaff and got on I-40 there (there was still snow on the ground after 3 weeks) but the highways were clear and I figured this may be our last chance to stop and really look at it. I doubt there will be any reason to go back to Arizona now.

This little town is Groom, TX. just outside Amarillo. The cross stands 190 feet tall and the smaller pictures are actually life size bronze statues (the little dark areas around the cross are the statues, to give you an idea of just how large this cross is. I have more pics that I will post later from here but I wanted to get this posted especially now that Easter is soon. This is truly an amazing sight and if you are ever in the area I'm sure you will be blessed if you take the time to stop and look at it, we certainly were, especially considering the circumstances of the trip. At any rate I hope you enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

pamnangel said...

These pics are awesome!!!...I can't wait to see the rest of you pics...I love your blog!!!

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...