Thursday, April 17, 2008

I was looking out on the veranda

today and was so surprised to see Miss Gerri! I do believe it's the first time I've been home when she visited. We had the most pleasant chat and a pitcher (or two, maybe it was three) of mint juleps. Now, I'm not one to gossip, but that Miss Gerri can put away some mint juleps! Why, you would swear she was raised in the south! Well, we chatted and listened to some music and when Miss Gerri was ready to leave she asked if I had any TN white lightning that she could take with her....mind you it was for "medicinal purposes only" (she said). Well, being the gracious southern hostess that I am, how could I refuse a request from such a lovely friend of mine? She was ever so thankful and promised she'd be back real soon for another visit. I declare, she's just the sweetest little thing and so ladylike. It's a shame she has this strange condition when she walks though, why if I didn't know better, I'd think she was just a little bit tipsy (if you get my meaning). Love you, Miss Gerri...y'all come back real soon!!

Kit is Miss Carol's "Mix It Up".

4 comments:

Gerrisscrapblog said...

OMG! Well I do declare Miss Scarlett, you caught me, dipping into the moonshine. Please don't tell Linda on me.
I always wanted to be a true Southern Belle. I surely did enjoy our visit, even though I may have been a little tipsy. I sure am paying for it today. That Tenn. moonshine is a tad strong.
Thank you my friend for making me laugh.

Linda said...

Too late Miss Gerri I found out!!!!

another day-another memory said...

If you'd have ask me I could have told you all about Miss G and the moonshine. HA HA I have laughed over this one...ANd she walks like that all the time not just when she is tipsy...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...