Saturday, May 9, 2009

Remembering Mom

This is one of my favorite pictures of Mom. Long before she got sick, when she was still known as the best cook at the Stardust Resort, where she worked many long hours. I'm sure there are still many people living in Yuma who remember Mom as the best cook around.
I had to play around with this picture and finally ended up making it lighter because it wasn't in the best of condition. It's the one Daddy always carried in his wallet. I thought that was the sweetest thing, it was still in his wallet, after all these years, when he passed away.

In Memory of Mommy on her first Mother's Day in Heaven.

Kit is "Peace and Love" by Jaelop Designs. Word art from my dear friend Linda at "Linda's Random Thoughts.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...