Saturday, June 20, 2009

Daddy


This picture was taken right around this same time last year. It was just about a month before Mom passed away. The Hospice social worker took it on one of her visits to Daddy and sent it to me. I still find it hard to believe sometimes that it's been less than a year and both my parents are gone. I miss them both so very much, but Daddy was one of my heroes.
I used to call him every night at 7pm (because that was when Wheel of Fortune went off and he loved that program, so you didn't disturb him while it was on) anyway, when I called he knew it was me if it was 7pm and he would always answer the phone by saying "Hello, Judy-Bug" or "Is that you, Judy-Bug?" I know, I'm in my 60's and my Dad still called me Judy-Bug, he always did. I would laugh and say "Yep, it's me, Daddy." and I would wonder if someone else should happen to call at that time what would they think when he answered the phone like that. It's just like my friend Linda's word art says.."For every memory, I am blessed". Thank you, Daddy for all the wonderful memories you left with me. Happy first Father's Day in Heaven.
The kit is "You Make My Heart Blue" by BlueDreamDesigns. The wonderful word art is from my dear friend Linda of "Linda's Random Thoughts". Her link is posted on the right.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...