Thursday, June 10, 2010

Instant Friends


This morning I had the pleasure of meeting a dear friend in person. Yep, y'all know it's possible to have "dear friends" even though you've never met in person. A friend is someone who touches your heart, just as you all have touched mine, though we've not yet had the chance to meet in person. Today was very special, Sylvia and I met (along with "Rhett" and Doug) for the very first time. Funny...it didn't seem like the first time. It was as if we had known each other forever and who would have guessed we had so much in common. We met and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel (no we didn't get thrown out, but we may have to have breakfast elsewhere next time, LOL). Yes, Miss Gerri we had GRITS, wish you could have joined us!! Afterwards, we sat on the veranda and probably would still be sitting there right now if Doug hadn't said that they had to get on the road. Sylvia's senior class is having a 'birthday party' instead of a reunion because they are all turning ?? this year. (I would say the age but I didn't get permission). Anyway, Sylvia is a TN southern girl by birth so they were on their way to Nashville. Before they left, Sylvia gave me a gift for the veranda...A FRESH MINT PLANT...now we will never run out of mint for the juleps. She also left instructions for me to give love and hugs to y'all !!

Kit is Magical Dreams by Ramona.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...