Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mommy and Me



I made this page in 8x10 so I could print and frame it for Mom for Valentine's Day. She is not doing well at all now. Her dementia seems to be getting worse day by day. I call her every day but some days she doesn't talk much and when she does talk she can't follow the conversation. It's just bits and pieces of whatever pops into her head. She does always say "Hi Baby" and "I love you". This is how she has always began and ended our phone calls so I don't know if she really knows it's me or if she just recalls saying these words. It breaks my heart to think that I may have already had the last meaningful conversation with my Mom that I will ever have. I'm hoping the pics will jog some memory within her. Please continue to remember her in prayer.

The background is from Liz's kit "Timeless Love" at sweetdigiscraps. The top pic is when I was 18 mo. old and the bottom pic is the last one we had made together when we visited her and Dad last year.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...