Friday, November 16, 2007

92 Years of Wisdom, Love & Understanding



This is my dad. He will celebrate his 92nd birthday next month! I continue to be amazed at the wisdom this man possesses. He's been a hard working man all his life and continues to try to do things that I sometimes wish he wouldn't. Like raising a garden year round. My parents live in southwestern Arizona where the summer temperatures are usually in the triple digits. Some of the vegetables are for him and mom but most of them are given away to friends and family. Dad tells us great stories about his life. He was a "real" cowboy in his younger days. I love to hear about the cattle drives and how he herded the cattle across what is now 4th Ave. , the main street through town. At one time he was even a poker dealer and he knows every trick in the book, so there's no cheating when you play cards with Daddy! lol. He proudly served his country in the Air Force during World War II. He's been a truck driver, a mailman and a welder. He is full of stories and I could listen to them all day long. Yep, I've heard most of them time and time again, but I still love to listen. My dad is my hero, a wonderful, loving, understanding and very wise man. I am truly blessed.
This kit is "For The Men" by CJS. It is available at cjsscrapbookingwithattitude.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...