Thursday, November 8, 2007

This Is Where I'm From

I did this page for a challenge on another site. The challenge was to tell where you were from without actually naming a place. The object was to have you bring back memories that tell where you are from. It was inspired by a poem of the same name by an Appalachian poet by the name of George Ella Lyon. When I started making the page, the words just seemed to pour out naturally and I didn't want to stop. I was enjoying being lost in my childhood again. I could have gone on and on but you can only put so much on a page and still make it legible. Now I'm thinking I may pick up where I left off and do another one soon.
The kit used is Kleopatra's Brownie Kit, a freebie found on the web.

No comments:

Our Beautiful Redhead

A scrapbook page using a picture of my mom that my daddy carried in his wallet for years. The picture was taken in the 1960's so that...